My primary research interest is student mental health and the transition from adolescence to adulthood. Some specific topics I’d like to explore include:
- Promoting mental health using a holistic, wellness approach on college campuses, with a focus on primary prevention (as opposed to later-stage or crisis intervention).
- Assessing mental health needs, treatment-seeking behaviours, and stigma on community/junior college campuses, especially in regard to socioeconomic and multicultural differences.
- Exploring the transition from adolescence to young adulthood of high-achieving individuals; including the development of self-efficacy, resilience, identification and reframing of cognitive distortions, expectations management, emotion regulation, and the possible onset of generalized anxiety.
- Reducing the stigma of personality disorders, especially Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Body dysmorphia and eating disorders in developing performing artists (e.g. at conservatories).