Whereas my site offers an overview of what I’ve done in the past and a comprehensive look at my expertise; a “now” page, as defined by Derek Sivers, is a snapshot into the priorities and projects that presently occupy my time. (Last updated: November 30, 2016)
Career and Training:
- Working as the Assistant Office Manager of Deep Eddy Psychotherapy.
- Finishin up my 2nd bachelor’s in Psychology at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin.
- Preparing to return to graduate school (summer 2017) and finish my Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
- Conducting research studies with Dr. Kimberly Howard’s lab and Dr. Kevin Harris’s lab.
- Studying for the N4 or N3 level of the Japanese-Language Profiency Test (which level I sit depends on how much studying I get done!)
Dance and Fitness:
- Tracking my food intake and exercise on Fitbit. I have a Charge 2 that I absolutely adore.
- Trying my best to drink at least 58 oz of water per day (yes it’s an odd number; it’s equivalent to 2 of my large water bottles).
- Experimenting with vegetarianism. Follow my journey on Instagram with the tag #VivianGoesVegetarian
Improving my Financial Health:
- Paying down debt using Dave Ramsey’s Baby Steps method.
- Planning a monthlong No Spend Challenge (probably March).
Hobbies and Entertainment:
- Reviewing business on Yelp (here’s my profile). I just became Yelp Elite :)
- Trying to make more frequent posts on Instagram (@vivianleemit).
- I’m not social media obsessed; rather, I’m a very visual person who overly cherishes daily moments. I want to capture them, record them as a memory. There’s a reason they say “A picture is worth a thousand words.”
- Playing lots of League of Legends as a way to destress (my summoner name is Synocure).
- Enjoying adult colouring books as a way to wind down and destress at the end of a long day.
Fun fact: I’ve been keeping a “now” page on my to-do list app (under the moniker “Current Commits”) for years before it became a thing. I’m glad to be able to share it and offer a glimpse into why I keep on saying no to your dinner party invites ;)